Support ISARH Today!
The Society of South Asian Religious History (SSARH) is a scholarly association devoted to increasing understanding of Hinduism and its variants, Buddhism, South Asian Islam, Jainism, Sikhism, and other South Asian religious traditions as historical agents (with special emphasis on religion-and-politics) in South Asia, the Indian Ocean rim, and the wider world.
In accordance with this goal, the Society oversees several projects, including:
- the organization of the annual ISARH Symposium
- the funding of two fellowships to benefit South Asian scholarship, beginning Spring 2017 and continuing thereafter biennially
- the building up of a free online digital collection of public domain works
- the maintenance of the Library of South Asian Religious History, to be opened in Fall 2017 as the largest repository of Indian-language materials directly related to South Asian religious history in the Western Hemisphere
- the annual presentation of awards for South Asian religious history scholarship and media production
Support this important work and join the Society by clicking here.
Benefits of society membership include:
- free, automatic subscription to both the print and online editions of the Journal of South Asian Religious History
- 50% off registration to the annual ISARH Symposium
- free and complete access to our online searchable database of both JSARH articles and our digitized collections
- 15% off your stay at the Library of South Asian Religious History's academic retreat, which includes housing, use of research facilities, and three meals a day
- the opportunity to network with other scholars in the field of subcontinental religious history through our online forums